Saturday, December 19, 2009

I made a Wee Peppermint Beastie!


Today I braved the weather and went into Manhattan to participate in a Wee Peppermint Beast Workshop at Gallery Hanahou.  It was a great time.  I have to thank Rena for forwarding me an email about this which gave me just the nudge I needed to sign up.  The workshop consisted of a three-hour session where the materials and pattern to make a Wee Peppermint Beast were provided and Jenny Harada herself explained and demonstrated how to make them.  Jenny was really great and extremely patient as she explained how to make a beastie and provided lots of demonstrations for each step.  My detailed-oriented tendencies were good for producing a very satisfactory beastie, but not for doing it in the timeframe of the workshop. I was aiming to make a beastie similar to the original Wee Peppermint Beastie like the one on the right here:

But thirty minutes after the scheduled end of the workshop I had just finished the antlers so I decided to take the pompoms home and glue them on there.  I had lots of fun chatting with Rena while making my beastie and it was a really great way to spend a wintery afternoon.
The Hanahou Galary has a fantastic exhibit of plush creations and I'm excited to see what they have next and to attend another workshop there!

No comments:

Post a Comment