Sunday, July 27, 2008

Sofia's Birthday Present

The more I make this pattern, the more I like it!  It is really simple to memorize and if you knit it all in one piece the finishing really isn't very bad at all.  I decided to make the clutch in black sequins for my sister since it is a nice multipurpose color.  
I didn't have a whole lot of the black sequined yarn left but I thought I had just enough for one bag so I decided I would just knit until I ran out of yarn. 
I cut it pretty close and had just enough yarn to make the top close.  For a better fit I ended up folding the sides in at the top and I liked the effect a lot.  I'll probably do it again even if I have plenty of yarn.  
I also had trouble finding a button I liked and was digging through my button box for the third or fourth time before I found this button.  In the end I was very happy with the whole effect and I hope Sofia was too.

No comments:

Post a Comment